A. Welcome to Damelin Matric Online
- If your participation in a curriculum is being paid for by a third party, then the third party is bound by all provisions in these Terms.
- Please note that the programmes offered by Damelin Matric Online are full qualifications, i.e. senior certificates that are registered in regulation with the Department of Education and the governing body Umalusi as the certificate issuer.
B. Accessing Damelin Matric Online
- Students can register for any of our curricula online through the enrolment links available on our website. Enrolment is a process that is facilitated by a student advisor consultant, as it requires a few regulatory steps that must be completed to deem an enrolment legal and conformant with the Department of Education and Umalusi.
- To participate and successfully complete the national certificate, you require a registered email account, access to a computer/laptop/ tablet and stable internet connection. You should be able to read documents in Adobe PDF Reader, use Microsoft Excel, view Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, and read and create documents in Microsoft Word.
- All information (including personal information) provided to us on registration, on creating an account, or while accessing Damelin Matric Online services and learning services and content, must be true, accurate and complete. You are also responsible for updating us in the event of a change to your information.
- If you are under the age of 18, you are required to obtain written consent and assistance from your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms or register for the National Senior Certificate, and this registration is managed by a student advisor to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- If you are over 21, you should register for the Amended National Senior Certificate and ensure that you meet the requirements of the Department of Education. You are required to be registered with the Department of Education and Umalusi as the certificate issuer. This process is part of the enrolment and is facilitated by a student advisor when you enrol to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements. This applies for a full curriculum or enrolling for individual subjects.
- If you are enrolling for single subjects, for the purpose of obtaining better grades through extra classes, either remedial or for finishing, you must be registered with your full-time school. You must be registered with the Department of Education.
C. Damelin Matric Online Curricula Fees
- When you register for a senior certificate, you agree to pay the applicable fee and any other amounts due.
- When you register for a senior certificate, you hereby agree to an invoice that shall be sent to you in electronic format, to the email address that you provided on enrolment. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment in payment of that invoice.
- If bank charges and/or fees are levied or added to a payment made by you to us, you shall be liable for all such bank charges and additional costs.
- Should you fail to make an instalment towards your Fees by the due date for payment (as agreed during enrolment and recorded in your invoice), we may suspend your participation in the programme and revoke access to the learning management system. If you are suspended from participation, you will not be permitted to access the Virtual Learning Environment until such time as the outstanding instalment has been made by you. You are granted a period within which to rectify non-payment. If you fail to make payment within the given additional period of time, we reserve the right to cancel your registration and remove you from the course. You are subject to the conditions of the Refund Policy pertaining, described in section D Cancellations and Refunds below.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE) on our Site for price listings, product descriptions, or other documents that may contain mistakes or may not include some details.
D. Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellation of a programme is subservient to the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) of South Africa and the extended (but conformant to) stipulations of this policy.
- A cancellation must be made known in writing or any other recorded manner and form, within five (5) business days after the later date on which the agreement was concluded. a. Contact our Retentions Officer at email@example.com to discuss your reason for cancellation. b. Our Retentions Officer will discuss your rationale and help you reach an informed decision. c. Where you proceed with the cancellation, you need to complete and submit a cancellation of studies form.
- The refund process (within the cooling-off period within five (5) business days) is concluded within fifteen (15) working days. Should you cancel after the cooling-off period, but within fourteen (14) working days, it is subject to evaluation by the Retentions Officer to determine any possibility of a partial refund.
- After the cooling-off period, you will not be entitled to a full refund of the course fees. Any refund arrangement, in this case, is at the discretion of the Online Academic Department Office. a. Consideration needs to be given to the time period and the degree of access and progress reported by the Virtual Learning Environment platform. b. A refund is calculated by the Online Academic Department Office on its discretion that may involve a bilateral solicitation with you to mediate and resolve the most amicable result.
- Should a refund be determined and approved by our Online Academic Department Office, Damelin Matric Online will process the refund within 90 days of the decision. a. The refund is to be processed onto the same means paid for it, or to an account agreed to in writing.
- Damelin Matric Online reserves the right to suspend access to course material in the event of a payment default. Any resulting discussion or dispute is conducted according to the guidance of Par. 69 of the LRA. If such develops, the Online Academic Department Office will enter mediation with the purpose of determining the facts and resolving the dispute. All in observance of the LRA stipulations.
E. Programme Syllabus Delivery
- English is the language of instruction and administration for all Damelin Matric Online curricula. All subject work (projects and assessments) that are required for assessment purposes must be written in English. This includes posts made on the discussion forums.
- Each subject is delivered over a specified duration via the Virtual Learning Environment platform, online classes, and forums. All subject-related documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through the Virtual Learning Environment platform and/or the collaboration platform.
- You may receive communication by telephone or email from Damelin Matric Online academic representatives for programme administration and related purposes, including reminders of assignments, or other information related to your registration or these Terms.
- Only students who are registered for a senior certificate or senior certificate subjects may participate in that programme. You may not provide your username or password to any other person, may not permit any other person to participate in the programme on your behalf, and may not impersonate any other person in dealing with Damelin Matric Online using another user’s username and password. If you have forgotten your username or password, our technical support (firstname.lastname@example.org ) will assist you to change your password in your student profile.
- All subjects include tasks and assignment(s) per module. Your assignments are graded by teachers within 48 hours. Any queries relating to your previous assignment may be directed to your teacher or student SOS coordinator. Contact either one of these support personnel by using the collaboration platform, or the chat function in the Learning Management system.
- All our online materials include multi-media, e.g. videos and interactive eLearning content to creatively facilitate the pedagogy and learning process.
- Should you apply for an assignment extension, you are required to make a request with our teacher or SOS coordinator. Note: The success of your extension request is dependent on the curriculum progress and delivery dates that can be altered.
- Your final grade or completion of the senior certificate or individual senior certificate subjects is dependent on the requirements of the Department of Education. If you are dissatisfied with your academic result, you are within your right to a Re-mark/Re-check Service offered by the Department of Basic Education. Familiarise yourself with the Senior Certificate Pass Requirements issued by Umalusi.